Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Sharon Briss: Rose Background

You can make great backgrounds without special inky techniques or a background stamp!  All you need is a great image, preferably one that is self contained and easy to cut out, and ink and self-stick notes such as Post-Its.


The rose background in this card was made by stamping the two roses from Floriculture repeatedly. These roses are mirror images of each other so provide a little more interest than repeating the same image. On this card, I chose to make the background subtle so I used coordinating cardstock and ink (Apricot Appeal from Stampin' Up).

To start, stamp the roses on self-stick notes trying to position them to take advantage of the re-positionable strip on the back.  Cut out each mask making sure to pay attention to detail.  Cut a little inside the outline to ensure that you do not get a "halo" effect when stamping.

I made 2 sets although the background may have gone faster had I made 4 sets.


Stamp your first rose in the center and a little off the cardstock.  When masking, it is important to remember that whatever you stamp first will be what is in the foreground.  As you add detail and other impressions, the newer images will appear to be behind the original image.


Add the mask and stamp your next rose.  Because I had both roses available, I alternated which one I stamped.  I kept one on the left side of my work area and the other on the right so I would not mix them up.


Place another mask on your second image and work outward.  Keep adding masks as needed.  Once an area has been covered you can reposition one of the used masks and keep working downward along the cardstock.



The result was simple and subtle but I really liked it!  I added a matted collage image and a stamped sentiment (also from Floriculture) to finish off this card!



I hope you will give this technique a try. Believe it or not, this background took less than 10 minutes of stamping time!

Don't forget - you can still get the Spring Rogue's Choice Bundle featuring Floriculture and Bits and Pieces for the low price of $22.50 until May 30th! That's a $7.50 savings off the regular retail price of $30.00 for both these versatile plates.  Check out our Specials page for more details!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Gorgeous background and thank you fir sharing the technique. Fab image on the completed card. Hugs Annie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful, Shar! I use those rose stamps quite frequently, but never would have thought to make a whole background with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...