Love Follow Me on Pinterest? Just hover over any image on our blog to Pin It!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Beverly G: Sweet On You

A Great Good Tuesday Morning Everyone! I've got an Anniversary Card for you today, with a faux technique to share. The faux technique is Faux Washi Tape. I got this technique off Splitcoast Stampers, but there are several versions of this faux technique floating around. With this one there was a surprise for me. I didn't know there was a Post It Note Label roll 1" wide. I cheated a little bit however, I didn't want all my strips to be 1" wide, so after I stamped my strips I cut them to the width I wanted.
I used 3 stamp sets to create this card: Just Sayin', Candy Kisses, Snow Hugs. I just love the quirky stamps in the Just Sayin' set and the other sets gave me lots of great backgrounds and sentiment for the Washi Tape.
I created the stacked framed effect for the couple as the focal point and topped it off with the stacked buttons tied with Baker's Twine. I like the pop of red with the blue, yellow, and white.

Happy Creating--


1 comment:

  1. Hi Beverly loving this card. I have never heard of this faux technique so TFS. Reallly cute stamped images too. Crafty hugs...Annie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and telling us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...